Friday, November 15, 2013

Haul

TGIF



I did a little bit shopping yesterday, because of a friend's recommendation on a particular item...


 photo photo_zpsb5c64bc8.jpg

The top half of the pic is an online order I made on 11/8/13  and received on 11/14/13.  Not too bad.  They are Hurraw lip balms.  I have tried them once long time ago and probably I wasn't super impressed, so I forgot about them (told you I am picky).  But for some reason I am giving them another try.  This time I ordered the chocolate, coffee and moon balm.  And I got the Pitta balm for free.  Yay.

I have only tried the Moon balm so far.  I bought this because I like to have a deep moisturizing balm.  Here is what's on the website...

A good night's sleep can be the best thing ever.
We have been using our Moon Balm Formula for years and thought other lip balm lovers would dig using a Night Treatment Balm as well.

Extra thick, creamy and rich; this balm has some serious staying power. The Vanilla and Peru Balsam scent will lull you to sleep.
Azulene packed Blue Chamomile lends a gorgeous green-blue color and soothes your lips for some true beauty z's!

Check out what it's packin'...
Avocado Oil: Thick and vitamin rich, exceptionally high in Vitamins A & E. Highly recommended for sensitive and problem lips; rich in essential fatty acids. 
Rosehip Seed Oil: Combats dry lips and has amazing anti-aging and rejuvenation properties. Proven to regenerate skin, reduce scars, knock out wrinkles and UV damage. 
Meadowfoam Seed Oil: Amazing moisturizing and rejuvenating capabilities. Loves to adhere to lips making it a great assistant in preventing night time moisture loss. 
Argan oil: Berber women Fair Trade harvest this amazing oil while the profits go back into preserving the argan forests. Super restorative; perfect to use at night! 


Ingredients: Persea gratissima (avocado) oil, *Prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, ***Euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, **Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, **Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil,
*Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, *Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, *Argania spinosa (argan) kernel oil, *Rosa rubiginosa (rosehip) seed oil, *Limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, Tocopherols (sunflower), **Vanilla planifolia (vanilla) bean, ***Myroxylon balsamum (peru balsam) oil, Matricaria recutita (blue chamomile) flower extract

*cold pressed / organic **raw & organic ***wildcrafted 


What I really like is that it's a "thick" balm.  But it's not over waxy.  I think last time I tried their balm, it's on the thin and slick side.  I know lots of people like those, but I rather have a "waxier" finish.  And this balm deliversthat.  Can't say much about the scent, since I can't smell.  And I like a lot of the ingredients are organic too.

I am excited to try the other flavors too.  Here are the info on the rest I ordered.

Chocolate-
Dark, raw chocolate is a favorite treat here at Hurraw! Balm so we just had to have a real chocolate balm to soothe our cravings.

The real raw chocolate in the mix won't leave any color on your lips. It's not "sweet", but the creamy, "tootsie-rollish", chocolatey-ness
makes this balm an anytime treat! 


Ingredients: *Prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, ***Euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, **Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, *Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, **Theobroma cacao (cocoa)
seed paste, **Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, *Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, *Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, organic flavors, **Vanilla planifolia (vanilla) bean, Tocopherols (sunflower)

*cold pressed / organic **raw & organic ***wildcrafted 


Coffee-
Finely ground organic raw coffee beans added to our fresh pressed Californian almond oil give our balm
an extra topical anti-inflammatory and antioxidant kick! We also add cold pressed coffee bean extract
and a touch of raw chocolate to give our balm a mild coffee-choco flavor and buzz.

Not your normal cup-o-joe! 


Ingredients: *Prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, ***Euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, **Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, *Simmondsia chinensis
(jojoba) seed oil, **Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, *Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, *Olea europaea (olive) fruit oil, Coffea arabica (coffee) bean oil,
Tocopherols (sunflower), **Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed paste 


Pitta (my freebie)-
Open sesame! 

We are always thinking (ok, obsessing) about unique, beneficial and all natural balm combos. Decidedly, we took a challenge; to create balms based on basic Ayurvedic Dosha principles* Ayurvedic who? Dosha what? Hurraw is lucky to have an Ayurvedic practitioner on staff so bear with us here. Talk about obsessed! After two years of diligently formulating our asanas off, satisfaction arose.

We infuse rich, cold pressed organic sesame seed oil with plants, fruits and roots known to compliment each Dosha. We melt in our creamy raw organic coconut oil, rich raw organic cacao butter and emollient cold pressed organic castor oil. We mingle in a trio of flavors from pure essential oils and all natural flavor extracts to create a unique, long lasting, very nourishing lip balm. 


Pitta balm:
An infusion of amalaki fruit.
The favorite tropical smell of coconut merges with uplifting lemongrass and the refreshing tingle of peppermint.
Cooling.
The Pitta Dosha: fiery, intense, fluid, sharp, transformative 
Element: fire & water 
Commands: confidence, ambition, focus, intelligence
Emotions: joy, excitement, courage, anger
Pacified by: sweet, cool, calm

*Ayurveda is the traditional medicine of India.
According to Ayurveda there are three Doshas: Vata (wind), Pitta (fire & water), and Kapha (water & earth).
These elemental forces manifest into one's mind and body characteristics. A unique combination of these three Ayurvedic principles (Doshas) are present in everyone.

Ingredients: *Sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil, **Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, ***Euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, **Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, *Ricinus communis (castor) seed oil,
Mentha piperita (peppermint) leaf oil, Cymbopogon flexuosus (lemongrass) leaf oil, organic flavor, *Emblica officinalis (amalaki) fruit powder, Tocopherols (sunflower)

*cold pressed / organic **raw & organic ***wildcrafted

Please take note if you have allergies: although there are no nut oils in these balms they are made on equipment shared with almond oil. Coconut oil is considered a seed oil. 



So I went to Target, because my friend highly recommend I should try the Amlactin lotion.  Since I am now apparently a moisturizer-collector (more so out of need than want), so I went and bought a few other thing.

Let's get to the lotion.  First off it's not that cheap.  Over $13 for that bottle and there were only 2 at "my" Target, so I can't even pick which one I want.  It did come with a little extra sample tube.  And when I tried it at home, it burn my hands.  Not sting, but burn... just like when I tried the Aloe Vera gel I bought, but I think the gel burned more.  LOL.  So I can't use it until my skin is good.  What?!

I also bought the Vaseline Rosy Lip lip therapy.  I bought it mostly because it's cute and it's under $2.  So there.

And finally I got the Covergirl lip gloss balm.  I got the mauve twist.  I am wearing it today, it is a balm and kind of sheer.  I don't mind it personally and it still gives a subtle color on my lips.  So I like it.

So all in all my haul is not too bad.  I shall enjoy them.

My hands seems to be getting better and I hope it will STAY being better.
TGIF and have a great weekend.