Wednesday, January 8, 2014

This and that

This year is all about JOY and happiness.  It seems to be challenging so far, but I CHOOSE to go with the light, not to the dark alley. :)



I am starting small... that is by organizing my desk at work.  It's a bit messy, and I think an more organized (see it is not completely organized) desk will make it feel better and it does.  And the bonus is I found this in my desk drawer.


 photo IMG_6489_zps9551ac19.jpg
I have decided to take care of myself (inside and out).  If I am not in good shape, how can I enjoy JOY and HAPPINESS at it fullness.  And when I am "fueled", I have more to give out.  Like I have mentioned in another post... I am following Nikki Phillippi's suggestion on (hashtag)howtobehappyjanuary.  I got the following note from her video and also from a pic from elizaamayy from Instagram.


  1. Do something beauty wise to take of yourself.
  2. Take a long hot shower.
  3. Making a smoothie or juice at home.
  4. Take time to center yourself.
  5. Visit or call a friend.
  6. Pay attention to what you need.
  7. Learn something new.
  8. Work out.
  9. Get into a good show/movie/book.
  10. There is time to be sad.


I received this yesterday. I placed a small order with Sephora earlier this month. I splurged and ordered this fancy lip balm.
It is the DIOR Crème de Rose Smoothing Plumping Lip Balm.  It costs $27 and contains 0.25oz.  And it's made in oh-so-fancy France.  I bought it because I love lippie (duh) and also that I have read lots of review/rave about it.

What it is:
A smoothing, plumping lip balm with SPF 10.

What it does:
Crème de Rose is a refined lip balm that soothes, re-plumps, hydrates, and protects the lips with SPF 10.This nourishing lip balm comes in one universal petal pink shade and features a delicate rose scent.

What else you need to know:
The sister product to Dior's legendary Crème Abricot, a nail care product dating back to the 1960s, this product has the same classic white packaging.

Lips are visibly hydrated: +32% (6h after application)

Suggested Usage:
May be used:
-Alone, to smooth out, and re-plump the lips.
-As a base or primer under any lipstick/ ip gloss.
-At night, to intensely hydrate and nourish the lips.

Ingredients:
-Antiaging Complex: Rose of Damas essential oil.
-Energizing Vitamins A and E
-Smoothing Shea Butter
-SPF 10 

Octinoxate, (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate): 7.5%, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane: 1%, Isononyl Isononanoate, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Mineral Oil, Polybutene, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Microcrystalline Wax, Shea Butter Extract, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ribose, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Tocopherol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Parfum, Tribehenin, Commiphora Myrrha Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sunflower Seed Oil, Trimethylolpropane, Triisostearate, Bht, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Propyl Gallate, Alcohol, Phenylacetaldehyde. [+/-: Ci 12085 (Red 36, Red 36 Lake), Ci 15850 (Red 6, Red 7, Red 7 Lake), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6, Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 17200 (Red 33, Red 33 Lake), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5, Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 45370 (Orange 5, Orange 5 Lake), Ci 45380 (Red 21, Red 21 Lake, Red 22 Lake), Ci 45410 (Red 27, Red 27 Lake, Red 28 Lake), Ci 47005 (Yellow 10, Yellow 10 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30, Red 30 Lake), Ci 75470 (Carmine), Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77002 (Alluminum Hydroxide), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 77491, 77492, 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet)].


I used it this morning, it was sort of hard on the top, but once you "break it", it's soft.  It's not greasy at all.  And I like the texture of it. I can't smell much of it (my nose issue).  But so far I like.  It's such a fancy treat.  I also got a jar of Makeup Forever Super Matte Loose Powder (from rave from Casey Holmes from YouTube).

 photo photo_zps38067440.jpg



 photo photo_zps526792cd.jpg
Just a quick pic of the cutie this morning. :) She is so good for me.


 photo photo_zps8fe54d29.jpg
And a shameless selfie from this morning.  Top is from Target.  Scarf is from Walmart.  Necklace is from Etsy.


One thing I want to talk about is another reason I was so annoyed this year so far.  It's a 128gb thumb drive I got.  Bought it from eBay.  It has no name.  And it was very affordable.  I think the combination is the problem.  I put a lot of videos in it.  But a lot of them are not working on the thumb drive and there are other issues which I don't want to talk about.  I have lost a bunch of file thanks to that jerk.  So I will not be trusting that thing.  I love Sandisk.  I am a geeky nerd and will always love flash drives.  Haha.