Saturday, June 14, 2014

Meh

We are half way through 2014 now and I would like to take this opportunity to reflect on how I feel about it so far.



I have not do an "official" resolution this year.  I don't think I have done one for the past couple years.  But my "generic" resolution is to have faith, hope, love, joy, peace, growth.

I remember when 2013 is turning to 2014 my coworker(s) is so excited.  I am never much of a person saying or defining whether a particular year is great or not.  Because I think the year is just a unit of measurement of telling how many days have passed.  That's just me.

But so far 2014 is not as "woohoo" as everyone say.  At least for me.  I am not trying to blame it on "because it is 2014".  Everyone has their ups and downs.  Life is not linear, it's curvy and all.

Still, I have figured what I have observed so far.  It's not a set finality, just an observation of what is currently going on.  And future can change.  We are constantly living in the now and making decisions.  So what it was does not determine what it will be in set stone.  It can all be change by what I am doing now.  Yay.

Ok, onto what I have learned...
always be thankful
do not trust everything on the internet
life is unpredictable
(and many more, but I can't think of them right now)

No matter what life is bringing you (good or bad), there is always a gift in it.  Having a thankful heart is always beneficial to deliberately look for the gift and appreciate it.  It will attract more good to your life and also keep your mood on the positive side.

Especially do not diagnose anything based on what you can find on the internet.  It could be a helpful FYI tool... but I recommend staying away from it if possible.  And always go to your doctor if you are worry. 

One can plan and anticipate all s/he wants, but it doesn't mean the universe will lay it out that particular way.  I am so glad that I am back on having quiet time.  Having God taking a center seat is such a blessing.  Psalm 16:9  clearly states that.  I am just feeling so happy about this.

I am not completely "zen" yet, but now I am deliberately choosing to be happy, to be "in the light".  It is an ongoing process and will be a great one.

So this is just a brief post on roughly what I think.  I am relying on God to help me to be closer to him; to be in the light and have the rest of my life to be amazing. :D