Friday, August 15, 2014

Sugar Scrub review

I wanted to write this post for awhile now.  I usually only review either when I love a product or hate it or when I am bored and have nothing to do. ;)



I want to have a natural good scrub to exfoliate my skin.  I want something natural and with no scents because of my eczema.

I bought Chagrin Valley's Organic Coconut and Honey Body Polish a while ago, this is actually my 2nd jar, so it is quite good.  It is scrubby (with the bigger sugar particles) and it's organic and all natural.

Ingredients: Organic Virgin Coconut Oil; Organic Turbinado Sugar; Organic Cane Sugar; Organic Raw Honey; Organic Cocoa Butter; Organic Sunflower Oil 


And Chagrin Valley really make good products.  But the trouble appears when it got REALLY hot.  My scrub melted into oil.  The scrubby stuff is still at the bottom, but just remixing them does not work.  I have to actual put it in the fridge. So that was not as convenient as I have hoped.

So in the mean time I found out about Simple Sugars.  I like their products from what's described on their site and I found a scrub that is scent free and you can add emu oil!  So I bought that one and I really like it.  It didn't melt into a jar of oil when the weather is really hot.  It is still moisturizing and not feel greasy.  Because with CV you still feel something after using it (it will go away though), but SS does not.

I like both, but I think I prefer SS over CV.

* All products in this post were purchased with my own hard earned money, unless otherwise stated.  All opinions, dry humor, sarcasm, bad English and skin issues are purely my own at the time of the posts and they are all subject to change without prior notice.