Friday, September 12, 2014

Life is precious

I brought Gigi to work with me. :D  It is nice to have this little girl around.  We have had many breaks and she has been very good.  Had a Vietnamese sandwich and Thai Iced Tea for lunch.



Today is again a sad day on campus.  One of the Directors has passed away yesterday suddenly (she has a kidney stone, but her underlying autoimmune disease made it difficult for her to heal, and then she also had some additional complication).  One of the Deans who I shared the office with knows her very well and the things I heard her share makes me so very very sad.  The husband of the Director (who also works here) is devastated and he mentioned that nothing matters any more.  He won't be cooking for her any more.  He won't be waiting for her to get home from work any more.  This is soooooooooooo sad. Sometimes it is luckier to be the first one to passed away.

I was read 1 Corinthians and it was talking about spouses and such and I thought may be it is meant to be for me to be single, so I won't have to deal with heart break so vast that could have kill me.  I have always wonder if there was one for me.  I still don't know. I don't have much friends and I am a weirdo, so that must have made things much more difficult for me.  Most of the time I am ok with it, but there are times I wonder.

Anyway, this is yet another reminder that life is precious and choose happy.