Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Yves Saint Laurent Volupté Tint-In-Oil Review

It is no secret that I love lippies.  Be it lip balms, lip sticks, tinted balm etc.  I enjoy them all.  I do think I prefer lip balms the most.  Because they keep my dry lips moisturized and most of them are affordable.



Today I am reviewing a not so affordable lippie-- Yves Saint Laurent Volupté Tint-In-Oil.  It is uber fancy.  It retails for $32 and has 8 shades.

What it says on Sephora:
What it is:
A revolutionary lip color with a lip tint suspended in a deep conditioning oil.

What it does:
Coat your lips with this lip tint for a lightweight texture that instantly melts onto lips. It is infused with a blend of four essential oils for deep hydration: apricot kernel oil, coriander fruit oil, jojoba seed oil, and possiflora edulis seed oil. Its exclusive applicator envelops the lips in full color and allows for a precise and uniform application. Lightweight and non-sticky, this lip tint offers a new and luminous shine while the tint effect enhances the natural beauty of the lips—making it the perfect combination for youthful looking lips.

Cherry My Cherie 5 ingredients

-Apricot Kernel Oil, Coriander Fruit Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil, and Possiflora Edulis Seed Oil: Provide deep hydration.

Polybutene, Diisostearyl Malate, Octyldodecanol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Tridecyl Trimellitate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Pentylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocin-namate, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil/Apricot Kernel Oil, Alumina, Passiflora Edulis Oil/Passiflora Edulis Seed Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Coriandrum Sativum Oil/Coriander Fruit Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Oil/Jojoba Seed Oil, Magnesium Silicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Tin Oxide, Silica, Fragrance, [+/-May Contain: Ci 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499/ Iron Oxides, Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Ci 45410/Red 27, Ci 45410/Red 28 Lake, Ci 45380/Red 22 Lake, Ci 15985/Yellow 6 Lake, Ci 15850/Red 7, Ci 15850/ Red 6, Ci 19140/ Yellow 5 Lake, Carrot Oil/Beta-Carotene, Ci 15850/Red 7 Lake, Ci 42090/Blue 1 Lake, Ci 60725/Violet 2, Ci 75470/Carmine], (F.I.L. B166391/2).



I have Cherry My Cherie 5.  Because from what I read and tested on the back on my hand, they seems to be sheer, so I thought I might as well get the "brightest" color.  Turns out it is quite noticeable on my lips.  I bought this last month during my birthday... as part of my "cray cray, let's buy everything" treat.   LOL.

Even though it's an oil, but my lips do not feel greasy. And after the oil is "absorbed", it left a nice red tint on my lips.


 photo IMG_3944_zps941fdc3d.jpg
The applicator is this cute lip shape "thing". I scraped both side on the bottle before application. And I do add a lip balm before application. Last I remember, my lips "dry out" rather quickly (like within an hour).  I don't mean the product dried out my lips, but that the product "disappeared" rather quickly.  So I added a base for this.  My base today is Hurraw coffee bean lip balm. :D


 photo IMG_3933_zps0bc5f5cf.jpg
The packaging is your expected fancy YSL packaging. I am also showing my manicure. Base is Cult Nails Nevermore, topped with Nfu Oh 51. The indoor light does not show how awesome Nfu Oh 51 is.


 photo IMG_3941_zpsd4fa7b91.jpg
This is in the car with outdoor lighting, you can see more than one color.


All in all, I do enjoy the oil.  It is definitely not a necessity.  I can get all the moisture I need just from my Hurraw lip balm, but it is nice to treat yourself something girly, fancy from time to time.  I may even consider getting another one. :)

Some other reviews of this product.


* All products in my posts were purchased with my own hard earned money, unless otherwise stated.  All opinions, dry humor, sarcasm, bad English and skin issues are purely my own at the time of the posts and they are all subject to change without prior notice.